GLOSSYBOX sent me the January 2013 Man Repeller edition to review! Thank you GLOSSYBOX!
GLOSSYBOX enlisted the help of “the Man Repeller” to curate their January offering. When I heard about this box I had no idea who or what a Man Repeller is. It turns out that a man repeller is[box] outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.[/box]
Ok, so basically all my preschooler’s outfits, right? 🙂 THE Man Repeller is a popular fashion blogger. Once again, exceeding my hipness quotient but she has good taste!
We had so much fun opening this box. I have to warn you, how my children open boxes is NOT PRETTY. Try not to be totally… repelled! And don’t hate me for putting lipstick on my children. It was fun and silly and we would not wear it in public.
What came in the box
First of all, the box was premiumly packaged. No premiumly isn’t a word. I made it up. It’s a great reusable heavy duty giftbox with a beautiful pattern inside and nice silver squiggly packing material. I love boxes that can actually be reused! HINT: You can peel off the Man Repeller sticker, but I think it’s more fun to leave it on!
- The information card – has all the details, including actual prices!
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. Just what I needed! Now that I am trying to take care of myself a little more after the long cold winter of babyhood, all my mascara is long past its prime!
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum. It smells like cucumbers! Put it on your face to control shine & pores.
- Le Métier de Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution. ZOMG! This magic potion is supposed to help reverse sun damage and wrinkles. I need this! See photo below!
- OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer – “Can’t Let Go”. Very fun purple.
- Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette Spray. This is a honey, amber, and wood mix and totally matches the level of products in this box, as well as my age. I recently received a sample of a Juicy perfume that was just for someone way younger. I will definitely use the Narciso!
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender. This is supposed to extend your hair style and prevent you from needing to wash daily.
- Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick in Americana. Excellent very lightweight lipstick in a classic red that is wearable. I can’t believe I just said that. I can wear this lipstick!
What I liked
- I have to admit when I heard about this box I was skittish about the RED lipstick. I don’t wear red lips, never ever. But… it looks great!
- I am just so danged excited to have a red lipstick! It was not gummy and I really really liked this lipstick. It didn’t “float” on top of my lips. I rarely wear lipstick now because it ends up floating around but this one didn’t — which is totally key on a red lip. I love this lipstick.
- I got the mascara in “extreme black.” Awesome. Because brown mascara is dumb. There, I said it.
- Le Métier! Seriously this packet is worth the price of the entire box! The full size is $225.
- Even though the nail polish is a matte/sand finish, it didn’t feel weird and didn’t bug my girl. She tore off her socks for toenail application but I promised her tomorrow. It was too close to bed!
- The Narciso for her is a nice work perfume. Not too out there, just right.
What wasn’t so great
- The purple nail polish, although it totally matches my glasses (not shown, I do wear purple glasses), does not match my new red lipstick.
- My new red lipstick, while totally awesome, does not match my glasses.
- The Living Proof. Well, when I wake up in the morning my hair looks like I got fried in the middle of the night. I just kind of comb it around and go. Ok, I admit it, I take a shower at night. Otherwise I never leave the house. My hair is baby fine and ridiculous and nothing helps it except when I cut it to be 4 inches long. I don’t see how this is going to help my terrible hair, but I’ll try it.
- Le Métier! The full size is $225. I almost don’t want to use it because I am afraid I will love it!
Should you Splurge?
Heck yeah! This box was worth way more than the $21 monthly price and everything is usable and wearable. The products are really luxury products and perfect for older and younger moms alike. Can you imagine trying to go to the store to try out red lipsticks with two littles in tow? Me neither. My red lip dreams have been fulfilled.
I got two full-size products and 5 deluxe samples in my box and consider that a great value. If you want to sign up for the February International Style GLOSSYBOX do it now! I don’t think I can resist. My husband is going to hate me. I will distract him with my new red lips.
Once again thanks GLOSSYBOX for sending me the Man Repeller box to review!
And ummmm I want this too (featured on the back of the GLOSSYBOX mag that came in my package!).