The February 2013 Birchbox Man subscription box is all about winter care for men. Sometimes they need a little splurging too, although many of them don’t like to admit it. We got Birchbox Man Box 10.
Birchbox Man is a monthly sampling box for men. You fill out your profile and Birchbox selects one of about 15 iterations of their boxes to send to you. Birchbox is a discovery service and you earn rewards points by subscribing and reviewing your products that you can spend on full-size items on their site.
What’s in the box?
Birchbox Man comes nice and full, no empty space there! I really like the forest green tissue wrap instead of the cardboard pillow.
- Kerastase: Bain Capital Force Densifying Shampoo. For thinning hair – perfect!
- Niche for Men: Male deodorizing wipes. Not sure about this one, will have to get hubby’s take. I think he’ll like it for the summer when he has an after-work event to attend and needs to freshen up. I am pretty sure this doesn’t contain aluminum, which is great, because he won’t use antiperspirant (only deodorant).
- Proraso Shaving Cream. With eucalyptus & menthol – he will love this! He shaves once or twice a day. His facial hair grows extremely quickly.
- Cartier Declaration Essence. Ok, let me tell you something embarrasing. My husband four years ago went to a dollar store and purchased two giant knockoff bottles of cologne. At age 30. He finally used them up and he is finally ready to put his big boy pants on and wear real cologne. But he has absolutely no desire to test them out at the store. I am thrilled we got a fragrance sample and he will be too.
- Jack Robie Pocket Square. It’s red, really! He actually has a fashionable jacket from Land’s End Canvas this will match perfectly, but dollars to donuts he uses it to blow his nose. I’m ok with that. He grows stubble like crazy and will be delighted to have a hankie that he’s not embarrassed to use during a meeting or gets lint all over his face.
- Shoehorn. My husband is a professional and when it’s not snowing he wears leather laceup dress shoes. This will help extend the life of his shoes. Men’s dress shoes can last a very long time if properly cared for (also try a shoe tree – and yes, these are the ones we have for him).
Should you splurge?
Absolutely! This is a great way for men to sample grooming products. Just because they may not have the time to go out to purchase them (just like Moms!) or the desire to noodle around the department store counters doesn’t mean they don’t want or need grooming supplies. Twenty dollars per month is a great price point for what is in this box. It also seems a lot more on point to my husband’s profile than the sister Birchbox for women is to my profile. Many other men’s subscriptions are extremely pricey or are focused on a curated experience. This is an extremely solid grooming and lifestyle box and well worth the twenty dollars in my opinion. An added plus is the very functional box it comes in! You can sign up for Birchbox Man here. Thanks for using my link!
If you are already a Birchbox subscriber I suggest signing up under your own account – so you can pool your points together! A great subscription box for dads.