Subscription Boxes for BOYS! Thanks to reader Angela for this question – What subscriptions might be a good gift for teenage boys? As we all know there are far fewer boxes for men than for women, and even fewer subscriptions great for teens and none at all specifically for teenage boys. I hope these suggestions help! The subscription boxes for college students shouldn’t be ignored for this age group. Chances are they’ll love and have use for items that are a little more grown up. Don’t forget to check out my husband’s reviews of subscription boxes for men! If you have additional suggestions or questions, please leave your comment at the bottom. – Updated 10/31/14!
Top¬†Subscription Boxes for Teenage Boys
I hate to generalize, but for the average 14 year old boy, they’ll love Loot Crate¬†or Nerd Block! Also check out my list of¬†all the Geek/Gamer/Nerd Subscription Boxes!
Get Tinker Crate If you’re looking for a more educational hands-on experience.¬†Tinker Crate inspires kids to explore and learn about science, engineering, and technology‚ÄĒand have fun doing it. Every month, a new crate to help kids develop a tinkering mindset and creative problem solving skills.
There’s a great new¬†subscription box for RC enthusiasts that any boy would love! Check out HobbyTron’s RC Subscription!
PijonBox is technically for college students, but any teenage boy would love this subscription. He will get a useful mix of grooming, food, and lifestyle products geared towards his general age group.
I think¬†BustedTees Shirt of the Month¬†would be an excellent subscription for the right boy. It’s not a surprise – but they can select their own cool shirt monthly. I’m sure a large percentage of teen boy allowances go towards finding awesome shirts nobody’s ever seen!
Do you hate fighting with your boy about clothing?¬†Five Four Clothing is a general clothing subscription that he can fill out a style profile and get sweet duds (this is a¬†really hot subscription btw!) delivered every month.
As for grooming, be aware there may sometimes be products marketed for the¬†cojones!¬† Just fair warning! Better to have them nice & dry than worry about what they call the products, right?! ¬†Birchbox Man¬†would be great for the more sophisticated or older teen boy. It’s highly customizable too (you can pick options like oily skin & excessive perspiration, but still totally avoid Axe! Plus you can specifically tell Birchbox you’re underage and you shouldn’t get alcohol related items in this box!).
Depending on the collection, one-off box company The Conscious Collection (a project of Teens Turning Green) might make a splendid box for a young gentleman, plus proceeds support other teens!
- Birchbox Man: Birchbox Man offers grooming and lifestyle products in a monthly theme matching your profile. Items include haircare, body care, fragrance, electronics accessories, and dressing accessories. Cost: $20/month¬†Read¬†Birchbox Man Reviews!
- BustedTees Shirt of the Month: Not a surprise shirt – you pick your shirt. Get a monthly coupon for one shirt & free shipping. Cost: $50/quarter
- Conscious Collections: These boxes highlight thoughtfully curated, ethically-produced products across many lifestyle categories. Proceeds support Teens Turning Green Summer Internship Program. Boxes are available in monthly collections, though it’s not a subscription. Cost: $65
- Dollar Shave Club: Pick out a handle and get your razor cartridges each month for one tiny fee. Add on extras like shave butter and flushable moist wipes. Cost: $3-9/month. See all my Dollar Shave Club Reviews!
- Five Four Club: Create a style profile and get monthly packages up to 75% off retail. Shop for 60 seconds and never have to shop again. Personal styling and shopping with easy exchanges. Cost: $60/month. Get $15 off your first box with coupon AFMOMMY15 See all my Five Four Club Reviews! Read my husband’s Five Four Club Reviews.
- Harry’s: After buying your razor handle, subscribe to refills of blades and shaving cream. Subscription plans are customizable to shaving needs. Get the Winston handle in silver or the Truman (in colors). Cost: $16 for a basic 4 blade + 1 shaving cream refill (but varies with selection) per month. See all my Harry’s Reviews!
- HobbyTron Remote Control Subscription Box: Discover the latest and Greatest RC Helicopters, Cars & Trucks from the comfort of your home. Each Monthly Box comes with a RC toy at a normal retail price of $60!Cost: $30 per month. Bonus RC Helicopter with first shipment!!
- Loot Crate: Lootcrate is a subscription box full of gamer-ific loot for geeks and gamers. Past crates have included figurines, candy, stickers, gift cards, accessories, more figurines, buttons, books, postcards, shirts, stickers, games, you name it, all with a geeky, game-y flair. Cost: $20/month¬†Read¬†Loot Crate Reviews!
- MunchPak: The best and most unique snacks from all over the world. Expect to see snacks from Australia, Sweden, Japan, United States, Canada, and many other countries. Cost: $20 per month.
- NerdBlock: Nerd Block is a monthly mystery package delivered right to your door filled with nerdy apparel, toys, and collectables! Every Nerd Block comes with a custom t-shirt (Has men’s regular, fitted, and women’s fitted tees!) and 5-6 epic items for you to tear into! Cost: $30 per month.¬†Read¬†Nerd Block Reviews!
- PijonBox: College care subscription tailored to needs of recipient plus a delightful surprise every time. Crates are stuffed with fun and useful items, like food and snacks, cleaning supplies, grooming and personal hygiene, and more! Cost: $29 per month. Save 25% on Pijon Box with coupon code sendlv25 !!! See all myPijonBox Reviews!Read my husband’s PijonBox Reviews.
- Tinker Crate: Tinker Crate help kids gain crucial STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) skills through hands-on activities that are also seriously fun. Every crate includes all the materials and inspiration for a super-cool project. Ages 9 to 14+ Cost: $20 per month.